• The folks at the Rumson DPW will be collecting toys to make Christmas a merry one for kids in need on Friday from 3:30 to 7 p.m.and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Drop-off is behind Borough Hall at 80 East River Road at the public works garage. Hot chocolate, coffee and candy canes will be served. Patch will feature a story on the drive. Stay tuned.
• Wind in the Willows Christmas is opening on Friday night, with a 7 p.m. curtain time and is playing at Two River Theater in Red Bank through Dec. 29.
• The Red Bank Catholic High School Music Program is presenting An Evening of Readings and Carols at 8 p.m. in St. James Church on Broad Street.
The evening will feature scripture readings and performances by the award-winning RBC Choir, Chamber Choir, Festival Orchestra, Handbell Choir, and St. James Elementary School Choir.
The RBC Choir will be performing selections from their recent appearance in the Song of Christmas at Carnegie Hall.
The concert will also feature works of many time periods and artists including Bach and some contemporary composers.
Suggested donation is $10 at the door.
• Holiday Harmonies, comprised of traditional carolers, choirs, brass bands, rock, folk, jazz & blues musicians bring holiday tunes to the sidewalks of Red Bank from 12 to 3 p.m.
• Classic horse and carriage rides through downtown Red Bank are running from 1 to 5 p.m. Pick-up is at two locations: Bridge Avenue (across from the Galleria) and 26 Broad St. (at Murphy Style Grill). The rides are FREE!