It looks like for most of the weekend the area is in for some clear fall weather.
And that weather clears the way for some area events and pre-Halloween haunts to hunt down.
Here's what's happening in the area, by night and day:
Friday night ...
• It's still American Cheese Month and, yes, the Cheese Cave on Monmouth Street in Red Bank is continuing its celebration with it's weekly $5 Fridays. For $5 people are invited to mix, mingle and sample cheeses and their proper pairings. Check the store's Facebook page to find out what's on the table for Friday.
• The Haunted Theater is running at Brookdale Community College in the nearby Lincroft section of Middletown from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
• For a $10 donation, you can listen to some jazz and sip BYOB cocktails at the Women's Club of Red Bank at 164 Broad Street, featuring Tri-City Jazz.
• Or Walking Lantern Ghost Tours are on the prowl again and gathering at the Dublin House on Monmouth Street in Red Bank starting with a gathering at 8 p.m. and start-up at 8:30.
• The Knights of Columbus is having a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the K of C hall at 200 Fair Haven Road, Fair Haven.
• There is a free Halloween craft event at Red Bank Public Library at 84 West Front Street from 2 to 3 p.m. Registration is required. Call 732-842-0690.
• There's a not-so-haunted tour of the Brookdale Community College Haunted Theater from 2 to 4 p.m. for kids; and the scary, traditional haunted tour is from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
• Red Bank Farmers Market continues from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Galleria parking lot.
• Again, there's a not-so-haunted tour of the Brookdale Community College Haunted Theater from 2 to 4 p.m. for kids; and the scary, traditional haunted tour is from 7 to 10:30 p.m.
• And, don't forget that Fair Haven is hosting its annual Halloween parade. Participants are to meet at the Knollwood School at 1:30 p.m. to line up. The parade marches down Hance Road onto River and to the Fair Haven Firehouse where prizes will be awarded and refreshments will be served.
Let us know if we've forgotten anything. And, happy haunting this weekend!