Following the success of last year’s Save the Music Concert, students at (RFHRHS) showcased their talents to raise money to restore instrumental music education programs in public schools.
On Thursday, April 26, 20 RFHRHS students rocked out in the high school auditorium to tunes while they raised money for VH1’s Save the Music Foundation. The concert was organized by senior Kate Incremona, junior Ben Sherman and sophomore Glen Wise. Together with the other artists, the three organized and practiced for the concert since December.
“We are fortunate enough to have an awesome music program in our school where so many students thrive and we wanted to help other kids, who are less fortunate, to get a chance to experience this as well,” said Incremona.
Below is a list of the students that participated in RFHRHS Save the Music concert.
- Vocalists: Kate Incremona, Maris Krauss, Josh Reed, Andy Waldron, Jake Tavill, Nicki Kellogg, Jessica Eckhoff
- Drummers: Ben Sherman, Ben Ley, Adam Culver, Joey Licada
- Keyboards: Glen Wise, Mike Nociolo, Andy Waldron
- Bass: Andre Erlich, Avery Peterson
- Guitar: Kyle Ward, Francisco Orejarena, Mike Hill, Tyler Springsteen
The $2,000 raised on Thursday came from the $10 cover charge to attend the concert and online donations. Donations can still being taken online at vh1savethemusic.com.