If you like parking tickets, don't read this.
Borough council has amended four ordinances concerning when and where you can park on borough streets. Borough Clerk Allyson Cinquegrana, said the move was, "To make sure that what's on the streets matches what's in the ordinances, and what is in the ordinances matches what's on the streets."
You can expect to see public works employees out and about, changing signage where necessary, but most parking regulations remain the same. Here's how the amendments break down:
Don't park here, sometimes.
- River Road North: The two hour parking limit now applies to the both sides of the street from Gillespie Avenue to Fair Haven Road.
- Willow Street North: No parking is allowed from 7:30 am to 8:30 am on school days. Only drop off is allowed. A parking ban that ran from 8:30 am to 4 pm on school days has been lifted. (No changes to Willow Street South restrictions where parking is permitted only in designated spaces.)
- Fair Haven Road: Parking remains prohibited from 422 feet south of River Road to Third Street, except for a half hour from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm on school days.
The penalty for illegal parking remains at $35.
Don't ever park here.
- Allen Street East: Parking is now prohibited
- Fair Haven Road East from Clay Street to the river: A parking restriction has been lifted.
- Fair Haven Road: Parking is now prohibited 50ft north and south of River Road.
- Hance Road: On the west side of the street, parking is prohibited from River Road to Hunting Lane. On the east side it it prohibited from 310 feet north of Hunting Lane to 140 south of Dartmouth Lane.
- River Road: Parking is prohibited 85 feet west, and 75 feet east of Fair Haven Road.
- River Road: Parking is prohibited 100 feet east and west of Hance Road.
- River Road: From east side of the driveway at 597 River Road to 90 feet west of Navesink Avenue, parking is prohibited.
- River Road: Parking is prohibited for 40 feet from 130 feet west of Navesink Avenue to 170 feet west of the avenue.
- Third Street: Parking is prohibited west of Cedar Avenue and east to Maple Avenue.
Check the clock before you park here
- Hance Road: A Sunday parking restriction, between Ridge Road and Dartmouth Avenue (6am - 2pm), has been lifted.
- Third Street: In addition to the 7:30 am - 8:30 am restriction, now parking is prohibited between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm from Maple Avenue to Church Street and from Cedar Avenue to Hance Road.
The penalty for parking during restricted times remains at $25.
Don't load up here
- Smith Street:A loading zonebetween Forman Street and River Road has been removed.
Council also update and ordinance regarding handicapped parking, which is now referred to as accessible parking. Accessible spots at Fair Haven Fields, McCarter Pond and Fisk Chapel have been added to the ordinance.
On Monday council will do the same with an update to an ordinance regarding borough stop signs.