The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean
Counties is still in need of turkeys and other food items to fill needy families' plates for Thanksgiving.
Spokeswoman Marion Lynch said local pantries are reporting "empty
shelves" and that food is still in need for the holiday season.
combination of Hurricane Sandy and the economic toll that took on people
and the fact that people saw a cut in their food stamps," Lynch said.
"Everybody is reporting a much higher need."
non-perishable items such stuffing, cranberry sauace and canned fruits
and vegetables can be donated to several collection sites in the area,
including the FoodBank itself at 3300 Route 66, Neptune.
Collection sites in the area include:
• Diane Turton Realtors, 8 West River Rd. Rumson, (732) 530-6686 (non perishables only)
• Shop Rite: 145 Monmouth Road, West Long Branch (turkeys and non-perishables)
• Circle BMW: 500 Route 36 East, Eatontown (non-perishables)
• Grainger: 212 Industrial Way, Eatontown (turkeys and non-perishables)
• Windmill: 200 Ocean Ave., Long Branch and 586 Ocean Blvd., Long Branch (turkeys and non-perishables)