The Fair Haven administration passes along the following updates in the wake of Hurricane Sandy:
- NJ American Water — Water is at normal status and safe to drink.
- Two Rivers Water Reclamation — The sewerage plant is operational. There are no issues with sewer disposal in the Borough of Fair Haven.
- JCP&L — They are working to restore power. We anticipate a majority of the residents to have power by Wednesday, Nov. 7. JCP&L is providing free ice at Monmouth Park between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Borough Hall and the Library will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. until power is restored.
- The grace period for Nov. 1 taxes has been extended until Tuesday, Nov. 13.
- Normal trash pick-up resumes next week as follows:
- Zones 1 and 2 on Monday
- Zones 3 and 4 on Tuesday
- Recycling for all zones will be on Wednesday
- Bulk Drop Off has been cancelled for Saturday, Nov. 3. A special bulk drop off will be announced at a later date.
- The General Election will still take place on Tuesday, Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. All polling places will vote at the Youth Center, 35 Fisk Street (behind Police Headquarters).
- There is a comfort station set up in the Youth Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week which allows you to charge your laptops and cell phones.
- Fair Haven Schools and Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School will be closed the week of Nov. 5.
Important Numbers or Contacts