Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. Rainy Days: According to the National Weather Service, today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 73 degrees. There will be an east wind around 11 mph. There is a chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon into the evening. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Tonight there will be a low around 69 degrees and an east wind between 7 and 10 mph.
2. New Year, New Principal: As students returned to the for the first day of class on September 6 they were greeted by the new principal, Nelson Ribon, who hopes to share his excitement and knowledge with them. Click to read about the new principal, see a photo and learn what he hopes to bring to the school as their new leader.
3. Master Points: Bridge enthusiasts will try their hand at the Sixth Annual Navarumsunk Auxiliary Benefit Bridge Luncheon today at the . The event, which will feature both Duplicate and Party Bridge, will include a full buffet luncheon under the beautiful backdrop of the Rumson Country Club’s Pool House. Master Points will be awarded. All proceeds from the event will go toward funding critical programs and services offered by Family & Children’s Service, Monmouth County’s oldest non-profit organization. Click for more information.
4. Oceanic Bridge: Board Members of the Friends of the Association, will hold a meeting tomorrow night open to the public, Wednesday September 7, 2011, in the private dining room at , Rumson at 6 p.m. to update the public on the current status of the upcoming repairs to the Oceanic Bridge to begin on October 17, said Todd Thompson, President of the Association. The Association is a 501 C 3 not-for-profit organization formed to support the inevitable replacement of the existing Oceanic Bridge with a similar low drawbridge rather than a proposed 70-foot-high fixed span bridge.
5. Artistically Remembering 9/11: Jim Lembeck is a professional fine art photographer born and raised in Rumson, NJ who was deeply impacted by the 9/11 attacks and inspired to create a memorial to what was lost that day. Click to read more about him, his art and see his tribute to the Twin Towers lost almost 10 years ago.