Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. Rainy Days: Grab your umbrella as you run out the door. According to the National Weather Service, today will be cloudy with showers and thunderstorms and a high near 78 degrees. There will be an south wind between 9 and 13 mph. Tonight the storms continue with a low around 59 degrees and an west wind between 10 and 13 mph.
2. High Holy Days: Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, began at sundown on Wednesday and ends at sundown on Friday. According to chabad.org, Rosh Hashanah means, literally, "Head of the Year" in Hebrew. The beginning of the Jewish year is signified with the anniversary of the creation of Adam and Eve according to the Torah. Click for the schedule of services offered at in Rumson to honor this holiday
3. Lock Your Cars! A resident reported two of their cars stolen from their driveway on Fair Haven Rd. during dinnertime on Tuesday evening, police say. According to an official statement released by the (FHPD), the vehicles were unlocked and had the keys left inside them at the time of the theft. Click to read more about the crime or where to report suspicious behavior.
4. Life is Your Oyster: The Bayshore Keepers need your help! They are looking for volunteers to help them with their . They have 1 more day left of work counting oysters down at Mobys. The last day is Friday, Sept. 30, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Click for more information or contact Amy Testa at Testa@nynjbaykeeper.org if you can spare some time to measure the research oysters.
5. Harvesting Some Yum: Celebrate the best of NJ's harvest with Bob Sickles, David Burke & Chef Larry Baldwin every Wednesday & Thursday in September and October as they create a weekly changing, 4-course menu for $ 40 per person, based on all the good things from Sickles Market in Little Silver. Reserve early as seating and availability are limited to the produce on-hand each week. When the harvest is done, so are these special dinners. 732-842-8088 for reservations.