1. And the Winner Is: Over 150 people went to the Fromagerie last night for the 3rd Annual Kilt v. Lederhosen Chef Showdown between current owner, David Burke, and former owner, Hubert Peter. Guests voted on a 4 course meal to decide who would be this year's St. Patty's Challenge Champion. After a night full of delicious food, laughter, bag pipes and prizes, the championship cup and ostrich egg went to David Burke.
2. Break a leg: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street is coming to Rumson Fair Haven Regional High School tonight. The spring musical, Sweeney Todd, will open tonight with their first show at 7:30 p.m.have been working since December to bring this dark musical to life. The show will continue through the weekend with a 7:30 pm. show on Satuday night and a matinee on Sunday. Patch wishes the best of luck to all of the students and faculty involved in the performance!
3. Job Hunt: Looking for a fun summer job? The is hiring summer 2011 staff tomorrow from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00p.m. Jobs available are: ushers, ticket takers, parkers and security guards. Applicants are advised to bring a driver’s license or school photo ID; and a social security card, birth certificate or passport. The event will be held in the main plaza.
4. Green Grass: Spring planting and lawn maintenance can be tricky in the month of March since the weather is variable and can still become precarious. However, there are certain steps that should be done in the month of March in order to guarantee a beautiful lawn and garden come springtime. Click for a few basic landscaping tips that should be done in the month of March
5. Sunny Skies: With highs reaching the 70's this afternoon, make sure you take some time to enjoy the outdoors. Rumson and Fair Haven both offer a variety of parks to use for leisure or for fitness. Head out to Meadow Ridge Park to some of the green beer you drank last night, check out the in Fair Haven Fields or take a seat on a bench overviewing the Navesink River in Victory Park.