Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. Finally Friday: According to the National Weather Service, today will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 51 degrees. There will be a west wind between 8 and 16 mph. Tonight will be clear with a low around 34 degrees and a northwest wind between 9 and 11 mph.
2. Slam Dunk: Community members of all ages are invited to slam dunk and dribble in the Hoops for Horizons 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament. The money raised from this two-day tournament benefits the Horizons Student Enrichment Program. Click here to see how you can get involved by volunteering, cheering on the teams or playing.
3. New Prosecutor: Jim Ronan, former assistant prosecutor in Rumson, has been appointed to prosecutor for the borough. Ronan will fill the post of former borough prosecutor Michael Halfacre, who left the job to take on a position with the state. Gerald Massel, Middletown's prosecutor, will take on the role of assistant prosecutor for the borough. Click here for more information.
4. Bargain Bordeaux: Think that you can't afford a quality wine from Bordeaux? Think again. Not everything from the World's most famous wine region is going to break the bank. Head to The Liquor Store at Sea Bright on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. to taste and learn about some great values in this region
5. KaBoom Banned: The annual KaBoom! Fireworks on the Navesink summer extravaganza attracted well over 100,000 people each year for its July 3rd fireworks show, which organizers said was the largest in New Jersey and was one of the largest in the entire country. When the KaBoom Committee announced Wednesday that the 2012 iteration of the more than 50 year tradition had been canceled, reactions were varied. Click here to share what you think should replace this famous event.