Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. Stormy Day and Night: According to the National Weather Service, today will be rainy with a high near 57 degrees. There will be a north wind between 5 and 8 mph. Tonight the rain will continue with the possibly of a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. There will be a low around 38 degrees and it will be breezy with a north wind 8 to 11 mph increasing to between 21 and 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
2. Healing Holiday: ’s (RFH) National Art Honor Society announced they will be selling unique glass ornaments, hand-painted by students, to brighten holiday trees as well as the lives of women undergoing treatment for cancer. The money raised through selling these one-of-a-kind ornaments will benefit as well as the Senior Scholarship fund of the RFH National Art Honor Society. Click to learn more.
3. Car Crash: Two people were taken to after a two-car collision at the intersection of Rumson Road and Riverside Drive Tuesday afternoon. A white SUV and a gold four-door sedan crashed around 4 p.m. Although it was raining, police said the accident was not weather related. Click for more details.
4. Santa Calls: Santa and his elves will be checking in with Fair Haven children this week to make sure they are being nice this holiday season. Fair Haven Recreation Director Charlie Hoffman has set up a program that allows parents to fill out a about their children to report their behavior to the big guy himself. Click to read more about this program and how he finds out if Fair Haven children are naughty or nice.
5. On the Sports Front: Patch Blogger Patti Clapp has written a beautiful tribute to the RFH Varsity Football team, recognizing them for all of their accomplishments and thanking them for what they bring to the Rumson-Fair Haven community. Click to read it. In more sports news, CBA is now officially the best cross country team the nation! The regional boys academy in Lincroft won the 8th Nike Cross Nationals (NXN) Finals this past Saturday in a dramatic finish against a contender from Texas. Click to read about their win.