A Full Fair Haven Meeting Agenda
Agenda includes: a major donation, Fair Haven Day talk, hires and more
Tonight's Fair Haven Borough Council meeting agenda is flush with borough celebration plans and accolades, among other things.
The following items are slated for review at the 7 p.m. meeting at Borough Hall:
• Remember Alabama Power's $10,000 donation to the American Red Cross in Fair Haven's name for Hurricane Sandy recovery? Mayor Ben Lucarelli says that tonight is the night that borough officials will present the check (or checks, as it may be broken down into two) to Red Cross principals.
• On the workshop agenda is also a planned discussion about Fair Haven Day, slated for June. The Fair Haven Centennial Day was so successful that officials were inundated with requests to make the barbeque at Fair Haven Fields a regular annual event. Plans have been set in motion to do just that.
Mayor Lucarelli says, among other fundraisers to contribute to the cost of the day, there will be a Fair Haven Day Gala to be held Feb. 23 at the Raven and the Peach on River Road. More to come on that.
Fair Haven Day will also be designated an official borough event via resolution.
• There are also some hiring resolutions to reappoint foremen in Public Works and part-time laborers for snow plowing at $20 per hour, among others.
• Appointments to the Zoning Board of Adjustment will also be made.
• An ordinance concerning licensing fees for "food establishments" will be reviewed.
• There will also be a closed executive session involving PBA and Teamsters contract negotiations as well as revaluation services and an interlocal services agreement with Rumson.