5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 1
A round-up of useful information and events happening around Rumson and Fair Haven today.
Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. This Afternoon: According to the National Weather Service, today will be a beautiful fall day with mostly sunny skies, a high near 57 degrees and a north wind around 13 mph. Tonight will be clear with a low around 40 degrees and a north wind around 10 mph.
2. Sharing Halloween: Now that all the costume parties, parades and Trick-or-Treating has passed, most costumes get shoved in a draw or the back of a closet and quite often become nothing more than a memory past. This year, a local Forrestdale student started a costume collection project to donate gently used costumes to children who cannot afford to buy them each year. Click here to read more about her project and see how you can get involved.
3. Spooks and Smiles: Children of all ages gathered at Victory Park in Rumson on October 31 to march in the annual Halloween parade. Led by the talented Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School marching band, residents of Rumson big and small paraded though town and gathered back at the Gazebo in Victory Park for an extra special treat. Click here to see photos from the event or add pictures of your own little monsters.
4. Creative Costumes: Model Heidi Klum is reviewing the best of the hundreds of entries in Patch's nationwide Halloween costume contest to pick a winner, who will be announced later this week, plus nine runnersup, each of whom will receive a donation of $1031 to their favorite charity. But in the meantime, we thought you'd like to see what we thought were the best of our photos here in New Jersey. Click here to see our photo gallery.
5. Crime and Irony: Need a good laugh? Check out the weekly column "OMG PD" which featuring rediculou and ironic stories of crimes committed around the state. Click here to read this weeks edition.