5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 2
A round-up of useful information and events happening around Rumson and Fair Haven today.
Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. Sunny Skies and Breeze in the Trees: According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny with a high near 79 degrees. There will be a strong breeze with a northwest wind between 21 and 23 mph and gusts as high as 33 mph. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 54 degrees. The wind should calm down and come from the north between 9 and 17 mph.
2. Big Win! The RFH boys lacrosse team beat Jackson Memorial 12-3 to win its first Shore Conference Tournament title since 2007. Top-seeded RFH rolled to a 12-3 win over second-seeded Jackson Memorial in a game that was delayed by inclement weather to win its first SCT title since 2007 and the second in program history since the tournament’s inception in 2005. It capped a dominant season against local competition. RFH (16-4) was playing in its third straight SCT final after losses to Christian Brothers Academy and Red Bank Catholic in the last two seasons, and finally sealed the deal. Click here to read more about the game.
3. Go Dawgs! The Lady Bulldog Lacrosse Team is going for a state title today. The game is at 5:00 p.m. in Robinsville. They will take on Chatham High School who is ranked number 4 in the state. Best of luck to our girls!
4. Whiz Kid! One Rumson Country Day School eighth grade student loved her school so much that she wanted to give back. She did so by sketching the school’s new addition. Click here to read more about this amazing student and how she drew an architectural sketch of the school.
5. Sights and Sounds: In the mood for some music and art? Head over to the Rumson- Fair Haven Regional High School to check out their juried art show and concert tonight from 6:30-9:00 p.m. After you check out the art show, walk down the street to the Forrestdale School at 7:30 for their Band and Choir Concert.