5 Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 20
A round-up of useful information and events happening around Rumson and Fair Haven today.
Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. T.G.I.F. According to the National Weather Service, today will be mostly sunny with a high near 36 degrees and a northwest wind between 10 and 17 mph. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with a low around 28 degrees and a north wind around 8 mph. There is a slight chance of rain and snow before 10:00 p.m.
2. Dance Party: Congregation B’nai Israel (CBI) hosted a regional event where 220 teens came together for dancing, celebration and fundraising. The teens came from towns throughout central New Jersey and all participate in USY, the youth branch of United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism (USCJ) for grades 9 through 12. The event raised funds for the Tikun Olam Fund of USCJ. Click here to see photos from the event.
3. Smoothie Challenge: Little Bites of Joy will be kick starting a 30 day Green Smoothie Challenge, just in time for those 2012 resolutions! Head to the First Presbyterian Church of Rumson on Saturday, January 21 at 2:00 p.m. to get your samples, have fun learning about nutrition, and get started on making 2012 your best year yet! Just $5 per person. Click here for more information. Call 732-741-1219 to reserve your spot!
4. Riverview Advances: Riverview Medical Center, part of Meridian Neuroscience, announced it is one of the first hospitals in the state to offer patients deep brain stimulation (DBS), a breakthrough procedure for treating essential tremors and Parkinson’s disease. Click here for more details.
5. Breast Cancer Fundraiser: Lighthouse Counseling and Wellness Center is sponsoring a fundraiser to help sponsor four local women who plan to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on January 21, 2012. The fundraiser will be at the Knights of Columbus in Fair Haven from 7-11 this Sat. night. Their goal is to raise $7200 for breast cancer research. There will be live local music, a Super 50/50, games, light snacks and a cash bar. Tickets are $20 ahead of time and $25 at the door and are 100% tax deductible. For tickets please contact Jennifer Morris at 732-614-5738.